Green Background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Its been almost 6 months on Buhner Protocol!

Okay!  Well it has been almost 6 months of me doing this Buhner Protocol.  I would love to write that I felt better but actually it seemed to make me feel worse at first.  But I guess that is normal for late-stage or chronic lyme.  Anyway.  I am experimenting with not taking the Siberian Eleuthero right now as I have been having nervousness every morning and that was a symptom I didn't really have before starting the protocol and was beginning to drive me nuts.  Lately, I have been taking a vegan protein powder in the morning as well for about 5 days or so and seeing how that helps me.  I also eliminated the Circulation P capsules as I was doing a joint Buhner/Zhange protocol trying to hit heavy.  So far, I haven't been having morning nervousness but because I am making so many changes in a short amount of time it is hard to say whether it is the removal of the Circulation P and Siberian Eleuthro or the addition of the vegan protein powder that is eliminating the nervousness.  I am not one to make a ton of changes in a short amount of time as I generally like to go about things in a very systematic way in order to know exactly what was the cause of the nervousness.  I should add that I continue to have post-nasal drip or phlegm as well as nasal congestion that are all new symptoms that began with the protocol.  Not enjoying that very much.  And sometimes, like right now when I just drank a ton of cold water, my throat gets a real scratchy feeling.  Right now, I think the protocol is helping my body fight the lyme, yes, but I certainly don't feel better in the 2 month time period the Buhner says.  I am not having major symptom increase like I did when I first started the protocol - as in nearly every symptom I had came back (well, not the very worst of them like when I would close my eyes and my brain was mixing words all around in my head in complete mental confusion) but all the numbness, vibrations, depression, nerves, etc.  Man - it helps to know where all that stuff comes from when. 

How could I forget, I am also taking a couple of activated charcoal caps and 5 capsules of chlorella in the mornings before I eat as well.  Just to mop up any toxins.  So we shall see...I don't know.  But I just keep on keeping on!  I am not feeling terrible - I am definately through the worst but I should say when I added in a Coptis Purge Fire to my protocol a few weeks back all hell broke lose for a couple days until I stopped taking it.  It probobly was killing off more - but I just need a break.  I need a few months of feeling okay before we go deeper and kill more.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment