Green Background

Monday, October 8, 2012

Snapping, Creaking Bones

Okay.  It has been one or two weeks now that when I wake up my bones are creaking, cracking, snapping sounding.  Just all this noise that has never been there before when I get out of bed.  A few weeks ago, the nails on my big toes were peeling right off and had vertical lines and were quite dry.  These are NEW symptoms that I have never had before (as in the 5 years that I had had Lyme Disease) so I attribute them to the herbs and I am thinking the Androgrphis.  Why?  Because Andrrographis has been known to interfere with progesterone and can cause a deficiency.  Progesterone facilitates strong bones.  I have also had itching, nails that are splitting, congestion and post nasal drip as well as a total lack of motivation in the mornings which are all a new cluster of symptoms that I haven't really had before in such an ongoing, daily, monthly consistent pattern that never goes away.  The problem I have is that I am taking the LB Core Protocol by Green Dragon Botanicals which is a mix of Buhners old Lyme disease protocol.  He now no longer recommends andrographis as a main Lyme herb as he used to.  The LB Core Protocol includes smilax, dandelion and then the spirochete killing herbs which are andrographis, Japanese knotweed and cats claw.  I have about one month and a half left of these herbs in this combination formula (you can't separate the herbs out as they are all combined in every capsule) and then I am thinking to eliminate the andrographis and just move forward with the other herbs.  The thing is, Japanese Knotweed seems to be difficult to find these days.  The two main sources that Buhner recommends for purchasing Japanese Knotweed and Cats Claw capsules from are out of stock and I have read that one of the sources shipment is being held up by the FDA indefinately.  Japanese Knotweed is considered an invasive plant species so maybe the worry that the FDA might have is the spread of it?   I don't know!  I just know that it is highly indicated for Lyme and that Buhner says if there was one herb he would recommend for all Lyme patients it would be Japanese Knotweed.  I think I need to say a prayer that the shipments get released by the FDA and sent to the sources.  I do believe I can buy the herbs in bulk and encapsulate them myself, but having four children, the thought of spending my time encapsulating herbs doesn't sound fun.  However, there are probobly hefty sums of money to be saved by buying in bulk and encapsulating myself.  We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. My suggestion to you is to exercise regularly even if you are busy. Since your body moves lesser because of excess sugar or even cholesterol, a regular exercise will stimulate your brain and then your body will adjust on the situation that could help you make your bones stronger. It might also be a sign of some illness which you might have. Another one is to keep yourself from having zinc deficiency which most people who have cancer and weakens your immune defense against any diseases.

    ReplyDelete