Green Background

Thursday, October 10, 2013

2nd Pulse of Tinidazole

So, about a week ago I began my 2nd pulse of Tinidazole.  My LLND has prescribed a 2 week on/2 week off approach to taking the medicine.  I am also taking Doxycycline and Rifampin as well as Fluconozole (Diflucan) but these are not pulsed.  The fluconazole is taken only a couple days a week.

So the update goes as so.  On my first pulse of Tinidazole, by the 3rd day, I felt VERY tired.  Very, very tired.  Slept a lot.  And towards the end I felt a bit depressed.  So this time around, I don't seem to be as tired as that.  But I am experiencing muscle soreness, sensitivity to touch (like if a finger is pushed into my skin).  I am also getting depressing thoughts as well.  Not all the time, but they will come and just hit me unexpectedly. 

The good news is - I still have NO anxiety.  I can barely believe it.  I have spent the last years fighting the anxiety.  In fact, when I first got sick - the intense anxiety is what took me over the edge - I could handle the weight gain, foot pain, light sensitivity, hip soreness, hot flashes, mood swings but anxiety - I should say intense, like you are nervous X 100 is what did me in.  I couldn't function.  Not to mention the mental confusion, the flashing lights, the numbness, the tingling - all that fun stuff.  So I am still quite happy that about 7 months of the Buhner Protocol plus Nattokinase and Zhang's HH2 seemed to get rid of it.

My main things right now are sluggishness, foot pain, depression that comes and goes and muscle/body tenderness.  Of course there are always other things going on (vibrations, stabbing pains etc) but those I feel I can live with.  I want to be able to go for walks and jogs and not have the bones in my heel be in pain for days afterwards.  And the sluggishness, I really detest it. I am still a far cry from when people used to comment that I was always on the go, quickly completing one thing and moving on with speed to the next.  Speed eludes me these days.  Speed is once again my goal! 

That said - I am SO much better than I was.  SO MUCH BETTER.  But I am moving on.  With that goal in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment