Green Background

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Break - Sick with Stomach Bug

Okay.  It has been one heck of a Spring Break.  It was like the Stomach Bug came for a visit the minute the kids got out of school last Friday.  Good thing I didn't have any amazing vacation planned for this Spring Break!  I had just planned to get a few things done - enjoying the fact that the new antibiotic I am on - Biaxin - helps me stay energized during the day.

Well, not so fast.  Saturday my son is telling me his stomach isn't well and he can't move.  He throws up during the evening and night several times.  I just thought it was a little stomach bug.  No.  He just handled it with grace and without whining.   Then I got the bug.  OMG.  I woke up at 2:30am feeling nauseous and went and threw up.  Then fell asleep.  Then I puked at 3:30, then 4:30, then 5:30, then 6:30, then 7:30 and then 10:30am.  Midway through there diarrhea was coming into play as well.  The 10:30 throw up was the worse - I had yellow bile coming out both ends.  I have NEVER had this in my life. It was the most disgusting, horrifying thing.  Especially because it came when I couldn't get to a toilet fast enough.  I will spare the details but it just looked yellow in our master bedroom.  So there IS a first time for everything.

Then my other child got the sickness, then my husband, and then another child.  And so it has been quite a Spring Break.  My husband said he didn't think he has ever thrown up that much in his whole life.  Like 60 times in one night.  Each time we threw up - it was like 10 times per one trip to the bathroom.

Anyways.  It has nothing to do with Lyme.  But so glad we had a week off of school so we could all get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment