Green Background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Flu, Anxiety and More Tyrosine

So the whole week that I had the flu, I didn't take vitamins or sprays or herbs. I should have and I am so frustrated at myself for not but I just layed down all day long for a week. I was so sick and the kids were all so sick. I am ashamed to write that I didn't take the herbs, but truth be told, I had run out of them and was waiting for them to come in the mail. I delayed ordering the herbs because I thought I was having a reaction to andrographis but after taking them a 2nd month, I realized that my presumed reaction was most likely Lyme die-off. So now I just got the herbs and am re-started them. At the end of the week of the flu where I didn't take my herbs, sprays and vitamins, I got a near panic attack and felt the anxiety coming on. I got these feelings 2 months ago and it was real bad so I thought because I was really anxious I should take more 5htp and so I did - but things seemed to get much worse. I finally figured out to take the tyrosine and not the 5htp and when I did I began to feel better. It took a few days but the anxiety went way down. Usually I have just taken a balanced amount of both (for the past 2 years) and it has been sufficient but since treating the Lyme disease there seems to be a increased need for the tyrosine. I guess this makes sense if the bacteria that are acting on the phenylaline-tyrosine pathway are getting hit with the treatments and so my levels are lowering as the bacteria are fighting back. I wrote about this in another post but I have high bacterial organic acid markers on this pathway. Anyways, bottom line, I took a lot of tyrosine and not so much 5-HTP and it helped to alleviate the fearful panic and hopeless feelings of "will I ever get better?" and "what if I treat and still have these problems forever?". I should add I have had vibrations throughout my body off and on this weeks as well as tingling in my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment