Green Background

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Herx Continues....

I don't want to write. But I will.  I will write that every morning that I wake up I generally have a feeling of nervousness in my stomach.  It lasts throughout the day usually until about 1pm and then it fades away and the nights are good.  I don't know exactly what is causing it.  I have been taking Level 3 Buhner Herbs for several weeks now.  There was a period of 1.5 weeks where I didn't take any herbs, sprays or vitamins because I was down and out with the flu AND had run out of herbs because I had delayed ordering them thinking they were messing with my hormones.  By the time I realized it was just a herx and not my hormones going crazy, I ordered them, but still had to wait for them to get to me which set me back those 1.5 weeks.  That herx passed and I had a period of about 8 days where I felt much better. 

Anyways, I like to write how I got through something but I haven't exactly figured out 'how" to get through this.  I have found a couple things that have helped but nothing has eradicated the nervousness I feel in the AM and not the PM.  Taking Kavinace (GABA+ Taurine in a bio-available compliation) and Ashwaganda (which reduces cortisol which is highest in the morning; and diminishes tyrosine in the body).  These have definately helped.

What I hope?  I hope this is just an ongoing herx.  I haven't written since my last post entitled "Herx" but I have been continuing the Herx.  In fact, exactly 72 hours after I began the herbs - and herxed - I have continued to herx I think.  At least I think the nervousness may be part of an ongoing herx.  I hope.  I should add, that after the initial 72 hour herx - I felt deep, deep depression.  Utter hopelessness, cyring and feeling like I was never going to get better - that I would have this disease forever, that nothing was going to help.  I have to say I don't often feel like that - if ever.  Thankfully those depressing feelings passed but that was really, really hard.  I took a bath, and after the bath I felt much better and the depression died down but then it came back.  I took a coffee enema and it seemed to help - I think from that day forward the depression lifted so I think it was something to do with a bunch of neurotoxins in my gut.  During this time, at night, when I would try to read, my vision would blur and I would have a hard time distinguishing the black letters.  I would have to look away from the text for a minute or so and then I would look back at the text and be able to read a sentance or two.

Right now, my head is congested, I have a headache, I am getting a few arthritic type pains in my fingers, my feet are tender on the bottom (and have been for a few weeks since the herbs).  I have had the congestion for the past two weeks as well but not the headache as much - just a few on and off so I don't know if this is related to the Lyme or just a cold because my husband has the same headache as well.

So I journey on.  If I knew this was  very long but passing herx then I would be a little more encouraged.  But until I know that...I still wonder...is it a herx?

No comments:

Post a Comment