Green Background

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Symptom Update

Nausea - It is gone. I had it for little over a week and now it is gone so it appears to have been a herxeimer reaction.

Tingling - I still have it. This is a symptom I haven't had in over a year and it is back now that I have been doing Lyme treatment for 2 months.

Anxiety - It comes and goes but seems to be getting better. I will have it occasionally when I wake up in the morning for a few minutes or before I need to got the bathroom as odd as that is.

Skin - The dry skin that I have had on my face for 2 years has softened which is great! Growing up, I had always had soft skin, and after I got Lyme Disease, my skin on my feet began to be really dry and cracked and I started needing pedicures every month where they would peel off loads of dead skin (gross I know). I had never needed them before.

Hair - For about 2 years now, I haven't had to wash my hair everyday because it stopped being oily like it always had been. I know this is painting a gross picture. To be clear, I wasn't walking around with oily hair every day. It would just get a little greasy at night so I would need to wash it daily. Well for the past 2 years, it was totally dry and I wouldn't have to wash my hair for 3 days or so. Since treating the Lyme for the past 2 months it has gone back to being greasy after a night's sleep which I take as a good sign because whatever is going on, it is returning me to the state my hair was in the pre-Lyme days. Now if only it would go back to being straight. So beautifully sraight I wouldn't even have to straighten it. Thick, long, straight beautiful hair. Now I have curly, have to straighten with a straightener to look decent kind-of-hair. That would be a DREAM if it returned to my former state. Keeping my fingers crossed but not counting on it!

Bladder Pain - This came after adding in the Rifampin and going on the Fluconzole with Nystatin. Went off the Nystatin, and felt better but not perfect. Added in a Solaray Kidney Herbal Blend (2 capsules per night) and have been taking that for about 2 weeks. I didn't even notice but I haven't had any bladder pain for about a week now. Must be helping. Hip-hip-hooray!

Weight loss - not so much. I go in and out of being on a good Lyme Diet. I am pretty much off of it as I am packing for Australia and I am a single-focus type of person. Until I feel like I have a handle on the move, it is hard for me to eat super healthy like I was when I wasn't thinking and working on the move.

Feet - Darn things still hurt. Not so much that I can't walk but are just tender. Still wear my Crocs flip-flops everywhere as they are cushiony and comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment