Green Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Update: 1 week after adding Buhner Herbs

So, I added in Stephan Buhner's Lyme Protocol last Sunday.  It has Japanese Knotweed, Andrographis, and Cats Claw as well as Dandelion (for liver detox) and Smilax (to ease herxeimer reactions).  The first night after I took it I had insomnia which I attribute to the Japanese Knotweed because 1) I have taken Japanese Knotweed by itself before (from another brand) and had this reaction and 2) because I have been taking all the other herbs previous to adding Japanese Knotweed and never had this reaction.  I was tossing and turning and just couldn't get comfortable.  Prior to going to bed, I felt like I had restless leg syndrome but all through out by body where it just felt weird all over and like you wanted to move your body to get rid of the feeling but just couldn't. 

I have continued taking all the herbs this week and I am happy to say I only had insomnia that first night!  I still have a light restless leg syndrome type feeling at times but not as strong.  I have to say the biggest symptom or reaction I am having right now from the herbs is FATIGUE!  The first half of the week after taking the herbs, I found myself going to bed earlier and earlier with a strong feeling of tiredness before I drug myself to bed.  I didn't think this was a bad thing - I thought it was great considering I usually end up staying up too late on most nights.  The past few days however, I have been really, really tired in the afternoon and today I just conked out for a few hours on a Saturday when I would have rather been doing a fun activity with the family.  I am feeling tired alot.  I just signed my kids up for after school activities so I hope that I am not super tired all time because it seems to hit in the afternoon the worst.

Today I am supposed to up the dosage.  The way it works is there is essentially 4 dosage levels and you ramp up each week assuming that you are feeling okay.  I'm not sure if I am ready to ramp up or not considering the fatigue levels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment