Green Background

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Anxiety Flares

So the past few days, at 10 am I would have flares of anxiety and I know this is a little gross, but usually when my body was gearing up for a trip to the bathroom. I hate anxiety so much but as I have been taking the antibiotics, I have had noticeable anxiety every 4th week of treatment which I am taking as a good sign that the Lyme is being killed. However, this week I am not on my 4th week so I was getting a little worried. Not too much though. The past few days I have had a terrible sore throat that has kept me propped up on pillows throughout the night, waking me up with painful coughs and has prevented me from getting good sleep the past three nights. I believe sleep is necessary for your body to replenish it's neurotransmitters so I think I must have been more depleted than normal because 1) I was sick and fighting something off and 2) I wasn't getting sleep. The good news today is that I only felt it for maybe a couple of minutes. But it is so distinct when you feel it. I used to believe that anxiety was a completely emotional state but having been through what I have been through I realize that anxiety can be a completely physiological state. This Lyme Disease has rocked what I have always thought and I hate to learn it this way but I am so glad to know that all the millions of people who suffer from anxiety or depression and the like arn't necessarily emotionally unstable people but their bodies could be suffering from unbalanced bio-chemistries caused by nutritional deficiencies, bugs, heavy metals, allergies, etc. It is so amazing when you are having a great day, all is well and then this random pang of anxiety hits your stomach. It is pretty strange that it often hits me when I have to go #2. I seriously wonder why that is. If you know me, I don't give up and I will figure out a reason for it someday! Doing well though. In a few days, after I am over this cold, sore throat, aches and flulike sickness and not having any anxiety (!!!) I am going to add in the Tinidizole. Although, on second thought, I may wait until my upcoming 3rd fourth week of treatment passes so I don't cause a massive herxeimer reaction. Hmm. I will let you know what I end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment