Green Background

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bad Girl!

A few days after I got sick on Monday of this week, I started feeling ravenously hungry. Hungrier than I have ever felt in my life. I ate a TON of food that day. A TON! When I woke up the next morning I thought through how I had been frequently urinating, way more than normal, I felt thirsty all the time and I had been ravenous for a couple of days all the while I was losing pound after pound. I typed in my symptoms and up came diabetes and I just cried. I feel like I really want to treat the Lyme Disease with antibiotics but how am I going to continue if it is bringing on diabetic symptoms. I e-mailed my LLND and she let me know that she didn't think it was diabetes that was causing the intense hunger, frequent urination and thirst. Phew. I think she's right but after having had so many things go wrong with my body I tend to fear the worst-case scenario. I was sick with some sort of bug this past week as well which can cause the symptoms I was having - known as transient hyperglycemia so I should not worry. Could just be from by body fighting the Lyme.

So, my appetite has still been much higher than normal although not as intense as it was a few days ago. My weight seems to be dropping a bit. So much so that I snuck two pieces of pizza this morning (BAD!!! I know) but I felt so hungry and they were there and I just ate them! Now I will have to delay taking my doxy this morning because I ate CHEESE pizza!!! I was all set to go down and make eggs for breakfast and low and behold - two boxes of cold Pizza Hut pizza were staring me in the face from our Friday night pizza movie night and I was overtaken (also I knew in the back of my mind I could take another fluconozole pill to fight off the yeast...bad!!!) My yeast infection is coming back - there have been little itty bits of sugar (in the taco sauce) and refined carbs (tortillas) that I have snuck this week. I know I am terrible. It is really hard to eat no sugar, no refined carbs and no milk! I just found that they had milk proteins in the taco sauce I was sparingly using! Ugh! I was trying to find something without milk that I can eat when I take my doxycycline. Unfortunately I have misplaced my Lyme Diet book and may need to end up buying another one because it has meal ideas in it. I don't want to replace it because it is now $29 on Amazon so I am waiting to see if it turns up somehow, somewhere but it has already been 2 weeks so it may be time to purchase another copy. I need to go and get more hummus because I left mine out overnight. That was the one thing that was a good standby. I would just take some celery and carrots and dip them in the hummus and be good to go. It was filling and tasty so that is on my shopping list now.


No comments:

Post a Comment