Green Background

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Encouragement for a Weary Soul

"Like cold water to a thirsty soul is good news from a distant land". Proverbs 25:25

My husband went to New York this weekend to go pick up our stuff in storage and drive it back down so we can consolidate all our belongings before our move to Australia at the end of December this year. He made a stop and spent the night with some good and old friends of ours who have gone through some really, really hard times due to some poor choices they made. They are amazing people. Talented, hard working, brilliant but just didn't make some good choices. They have been having a really hard time financially, emotionally, in their marriage and in life for the past 4 years. Apparently for this past year, they have been doing really well. There was a turnaround of some sort and they are both prospering, have great jobs and have an infectious enthusiasm for life. I spent time talking on the phone to one of them while my husband, there in person, was chatting with the other. I felt so encouraged getting off the phone. It is not often you hear of people turning around like that after being in a hole for a while. It is SO good to hear. It gives me hope and encouragement and faith in this journey for health that I am on and in seeking my turnaround. It feels like they are better than before and I hope that I will be better than before. Is that possible after having Lyme for 4 and 1/2 years? I don't know but that is what my hope and my heart are set on. I also feel impatient now. I want to hurry up and be better already. After I see this miracle take place in my friends life, I am ready for mine. But my path is a different path and my journey is a different journey. When I started getting really sick (in the head I might add with all-encompassing anxiety) I would pray and cry out to God to heal me. I thought I was doomed for life. I didn't know what had happened to my brain but things weren't right anymore. Well, one morning, before I was barely awake and still laying in my bed, I felt God gave me a song. It wasn't a religious song. My mom and I will sometimes get spontaneous songs that we haven't heard in years while praying for certain situations. Well guess what my song was? It was George Harrison's "I Got My Mind Set On You". This song helps stay my heart and mind when I feel impatient with the process and I remember God is letting me know it is going to take TIME, a whole lot of precious time, it is going to PATIENCE and a whole lot of spending MONEY! When God gave me that song, he gave me my path and because of it, I just keep walking that path, until the day I feel ALL better! Here are the lyrics:

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you.

But it's gonna take money
a w
hole lotta spending money

It's gonna take plenty of money to do it right
child.

It's gonna take time
a whole lotta precious time


It's gonna take patience and time to do it
to do it

To do it
to do it
to do it
to do it right
child.


I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you

I got my mind set on you
I got my mind set on you.

And this time I know it's real
the feeling that I feel

I know if I put my mind to it
I know that I really can do it.


You know, the last lines just really hit me.  I never really noticed them before.  I know if I put my mind to it, I know that I really can do it.  
Those are AMAZING WORDS! If it is God, which I believe it was, then this is telling me that if  I put my mind to it, then I CAN do it.  So I am believing in being all better - no matter how much patience, time and money it costs.  If you haven't noticed, I am encouraging myself in this post.  But this is what we need to keep moving on, keep taking the medicine, the vitamins, keep strong in the midst of not seeing results as fast or as soon as we want to.  
Keep the faith.
Here is a link to the song "I've Got My Mind Set on You"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61q-Y5EOxE

No comments:

Post a Comment