Green Background

Monday, October 31, 2011

Medications & Australian Customs

Today I am looking into how to get my medications and all my supplements to Australia for the duration of my time there which is 1 year. I don't want to go buy all my supplements only to be told by customs that I can't take them in. That will be a whole lot of money down the drain. So I am spending the morning online researching Australian customs and what things they do and don't allow. I will only be allowed to bring in 3 months of antibiotics so I will need a doctor there to rewrite my doctor's prescriptions from the states. I will also need to bring a letter and put the medication in my carry on baggage. What I am most worried about is my Neuroscience 5htp and Tyrosine sprays because they are liquids are they are really picky about liquids. SO... I am going to bring a 3 month supply of those and then ship the rest at a later date. I will purchase them on Amazon using my prime membership which ships anywhere in the US for free. I will ship them to my mother-in-law and then have her ship them to me in Australia. The total package has to be a value less than $400 US. If it is over that I will have to pay duty and customs charges which I don't want to do.

For my medications it is also required that I have a doctor's written note describing my condition and the medications so after I start the Tinidazole, I will have another doctors appointment where I will ask her to sign a letter that I can bring with me so they won't seize my medications and supplements. I spent time looking at examples of letters this morning and drafting up one with my condition and medications and supplements necessary that she can go ahead and sign and send back unless she wants to draft something different. This should save the time and expense of having her draft one up herself and also making sure she doesn't miss anything on it that I am taking. So that is the scoop for today.

Oh. On the Tinidazole. I am waiting to take that today because my house is an absolute mess from the weekend. My husband and I packed up our library and while we did so the kids ransacked the house, having fun and leaving messes every where they went. I still haven't caught up on the house and I am scared if I take the Tinidazole that it will make me feel so sick that I won't get to the house and then it will be messy all week. So house first, then Tinidazole.

No comments:

Post a Comment