Green Background

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Insurance Paid!

Well, I have Aetna and they can be tough. Just type them into the internet and see how many bajillion clinical policy bulletins come up of what they will NOT cover. Anyways, a couple of months ago, I was tested for Lyme using the Western Blot IgG and IgM by Igenex and when it came back positive my LLND tested me for all the co-infections. The initial Western Blot tests were $200 and the subsequent co-infection tests totalled to be about $1000. My insurance pays 80% out of network fees and guess what...they reimbursed me $835 with $50 still pending! How cool is that? I have heard patients having a hard time getting testing payed for with Lyme so I was expecting them, because they are so stringent in their policies, to come back and say we aren't paying for any of it, especially because it was an out of network Lyme lab. So I was just really happy yesterday when I picked up my mail, opened the letter from my insurance company and low and behold $835 in my name! It is always nice to hear a little good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment