Green Background

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Still here!

Just wanted to say I am "still here" and still plugging away at my protocol. We went away to SeaWorld for the weekend with some cousins and had a great time. We took my four kids (between the ages of 4-9) and met up with their 4 kids (between the ages 2 and 10) and we walked around SeaWorld from 10-4pm and then from 7-11pm. I carried my 60lb daughter for a long time as she was tired. I couldn't believe I could do it! I cheated and had 2 diet pepsi's for energy that day but I still I didn't expect myself to be such a trooper. Going into the day, I didn't know how I would do. Normally on any event, good or bad, that requires energy and excitement of any sort on my part, I will generally feel "wired" for about 2 days after the event and not be able to take a nap or wind myself down. I was never this way before I got sick but after I got sick I found myself being "overexcitable" with negative or positive emotions depending on the event and unable to wind down. So the good news with this trip is that I took a recovery nap right away, and then another the same day and then another the next and today I didn't need a nap. It was a normal recovery from an intense weekend. No overexcitablity. No intensely wired feelings. I was just able to rest. Right away. And that is a step in the right direction. Or a step backword to the normal me before all the lyme attacked my body. Whichever way I look at it, I am pleased with this progress towards the me I know and have always known.

No comments:

Post a Comment