Green Background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Plugging Away

Well, I am plugging away at the antibiotics and things are going well other than the yeast/candida. It is mostly under control and almost unnoticeable now. Right now I am taking Doxycycline 200mg 2x day and Rifampin 600mg 1x day. My LLND had me taking Rifampin 2x a day but after reading Singleton's The Lyme Disease Solution where he recommends taking 600mg 1x day I have been doing that. I have not yet started the third antibiotic that is part of my beginning Lyme protocol. I have had yeast issues so I am taking Fluconozole for that at 150mg 1x day. I have to take Fluconozole for 2 weeks straight and then I will add in the third antibiotic (Tinidazole) as well as diminish Fluconozole dosage to 3x a week. I take it first thing in the morning. Then I wait 2 hours and have breakfast and take my Doxycyline. Then I wait another 2 hours and take other supplements. Then another 2 hours I have lunch and my second round of Doxycyline. Then I wait another 2 hours and take Chlorella to help detoxify my gut. Then around 5:30, 1 hour before my dinner, I take Rifampin on an empty stomach. I read that Rifampin and Fluconozole can cause drug interactions so I take them far apart. It is challenging because everything has to be seperated. No anti-fungals and antibiotics at the same time. My LLND had me taking Nystatin as well at 3 a day but it caused pretty intolerable bladder pain for me. I read that it can do that so when I have my next appointment with her I will let her know that I don't think I can take it. The Fluconozole is pretty tolerable for me though. I don't have the intensity of pain in my bladder area that I did when I took both Fluconozole and Nystatin together. My bladder pain began the very day I started taking the antifungals. I usually get it for a few days every month before my period but it has greatly diminished the past 6 months. This month it came back with a vengeance but again I think it was the Nystatin. Will wait another month and test that theory. So for right now no Nystatin for me. The bummer of it is is that Nystatin is supposed to not be absorbed by your gut so is a good medication to take long term but it doesn't seem to be working for my body. We shall see. It feels crazy putting all these medications in me. I don't like it at all. My initial excitement has worn off. The honeymoon period of taking antibiotics is over. Now I am a little disillusioned (already!) with all these antibiotics. But I am determined and I am committed to getting better. So this is the path I choose as it is the best I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment