Green Background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Artemesinin came!

Checked the mail today after picking up the kids from school and low and behold...the artemesinin was in there which means I can now get started on it after waiting 3 weeks for it! My doctor's office sent it out but it got lost in the mail so I ordered my own from amazon. Love that my husband signed up for amazon prime. The significance is that after using the artemesinin for a week I can then start the doxycycline (my doctor is judging my reaction to the herbs before starting the antibiotics) that has been sitting on my counter for the last 2 weeks. I feel excited and hopeful to start combatting lyme but then after reading some people's accounts of their reactions to the medications for lyme I feel scared. Scared that my body won't be able to take it and it will be in worse condition or scared that it won't help at all. But these feelings are NOTHING compared to the valley's I have walked through for much longer periods of time. The overwhelming anxiety is no longer a daily presence and that is HUGE. This morning I felt pretty down in the dumps - and you know what I just did? I was just going to get my son who is home sick from school a McFlurry and I ended up getting myself a small fry and chocolate shake. Nice. But, I feel a little happier. Not good in the end but nice for now :-)! But in my defense I did juice 3 apples, 6 carrots, 4 mustard green leaves, 6 fresh prunes, a bunch of cilantro and a bunch of parsley for my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment