Green Background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Adding Artemesinin Today

So I just took my first artemesinin pill this morning. We shall see what the side effects are. When I started the herbal protocol (Lyme Support, Teasel and Smilax) I had a severe headache and nausea with dry heaving that lasted for about 12 hours and then I was fine. Oh, well I had fatigue too. And the fatigue lasted quite a bit after that - for maybe a week. But it is sketchy because all my kids started back to school and we were running an earlier schedule so I really think it was the combo of both the herbs and school starting.

However, after reading Stephen Buhner's blog on Planet Thrive, I think that the whole root Artemesia Annua would be a better herb to take than the artemesinin. Why? He explains that Artemesinin is one single component pulled out of the whole herb artemesia. Bacteria can develop resistance to one component by itself but cannot develop resistance to whole herbs and he thinks, and because he does, I think that the whole herb would be more effective. But I am doing this protocol because this is what my doctor wants me to do and she wants to see my reactions from it.

Side Note: The past two days I have been taking 1 or 2 of the Source Naturals Reservatrol capsules that Buhner recommends. Oh my word. First night. I was restless all night and woke up at 3 am and went downstairs, got a small snack and read on the internet for a bit before I calmed down. Then yesterday, left ear pain - big time. Not as in an ear infection (I don't think) but the interior cartilage hurt and still does. Plus I feel that restless leg syndrome except not in my legs must in my ankles and elbows mostly. Interesting. It is Buhner's number one herb for lyme and bartonella. I think it is doing something for sure but today I am not going to take it because I need to judge what type of reaction I am getting from the artemesinin.

No comments:

Post a Comment