Green Background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The 4th week of treatment.

Okay. So I think I am understanding why yesterday morning I woke up from a dream about my daughter having spirochetes in a panic state and emailed my doctor how I want to get her on antibiotics because of all the things I listed in my previous post "Scared". I think I am understanding why this morning I woke up with sweat all over my back and neck, had anxiety when my husband wasn't in bed (he was downstairs reading) and then woke up with a dry mouth, feeling very hot and now I have a headache (oh and not to mention the bloody nose). To be clear, I haven't had these symptoms for about 2 years as I have been on vitamins to prevent them. Here is a quote from Dr. Burrascano's 2008 Guidelines that I think explains it all:

"With treatment, these monthly symptom flares are exaggerated and presumably represent recurrent Herxheimer-like reactions as Bb enters its vulnerable growth phase and then are lysed. For unknown reasons, the worst occurs at the fourth week of treatment. Observation suggest that the more severe this reaction, the higher the germ load, and the more ill the patient".


So that is what I am going through. I honestly feel like such an idiot, and I seriously mean I feel really stupid for e-mailing my doctor about my daughter in my semi-panic state. I came across like for sure she had lyme. I truly think there is a 99% liklihood she doesn't have it at all! I am just scared and want to be safe, that's all, but it is embarassing if the doc thinks you a total whackjob! Ugh. If only we could erase e-mails and take them back after sending them, I would totally have taken the e-mail back. Anyways, I then re-mailed her (per my husbands advice of trying to make me feel a little more at peace with my idiocy) and said that I was probobly just an over-worried parent!


So the previous paragraphs were written this morning. The status now is, no e-mail back from my doc AND another red oval is appearing on my daughter's cheek. This time I am not freaking out like I did yesterday but I am thinking there is something going on. She also appears to have a little scar at the place of the mosquito bite from Yellowstone. The oval she had two nights ago has disappeared. In fact it had nearly disappeared the morning after the night she had it. It had almost completely faded. And now 2 days later, a new one on her face. I don't like waiting. My husband has the exact antibiotic they give to kids for lyme and the dose is half a tablet per day. Trust me, I am really tempted to give it to her but I am waiting to do it the right way and go through the doctor. By the way, the little ovals don't itch so they are not bed bugs. She sleeps in the same bedroom with her 3 brothers (she doesn't want to sleep in her own) and none of them have these little red dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment