Green Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rifampin Update - Or lack of!

Well, the Rifampin has turned my urine orange. How's that for not beating around the bush? But that is what it is supposed to do. I am at the 24 hour point and I don't feel much mentally but I do feel more muscle pains here and there on the increase. I also had a brief moment where my right ear felt 'full' or like I almost couldn't hear out of it but this was fleeting. This leads me to believe that perhaps I don't have Bartonella after all. Because of my overriding symptom of anxiety we suspected Bartonella, even though my testing revealed Lyme and Babesia Duncani but not Bartonella. From what I have read, if you have Bartonella, Rifampin is supposed to cause a sharp increase in anxiety type symptoms the first week you take it and then you should feel alot better at the 3 week point. We shall see. This lyme journey is interesting. Never thought I had Babesia, always thought it was Bartonella, but maybe I am wrong about the Bartonella too!

No comments:

Post a Comment