Green Background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Waking up and Wishing

Well, my husband was fumbling around to find his way to the bathroom in the middle of the night and it woke me up so here I am, on the internet, site hopping and enjoying some home and family life style blogs. I actually went to school for Interior Design for one year and then went on to go to a bible school for 4 years. I had a huge creative streak in me and I loved, loved decorating. Looking at these blogs makes me think about how I would be taking cool pictures of all of my creations but with Lyme it seems that the creative side of my brain doesn't function very often. I seem to do better during the winter months, although it is September, still really hot here and my creativity hasn't seemed to kick in. In my mind, I would like to make some fall decorations and decorate the house but 1) I started lyme herbals and they seem to make me more tired, 2) we are moving to Australia in a few months and everything I do will just go into storage and 3) I am unmotivated and tired from the Lyme which is really just number one rephrased. So when I am too tired to be creative I daydream and imagine it in my head. I imagine I have a beautiful home, and that during fall it is decorated in checks, apples, leaves and good smelling candles. In December, my house of my dreams have Christmas trees in nearly every room in the house....small and large. The kids rooms each have a tree with their very own ornaments that they have received and collected through the years. There are people milling about, friends and family, enjoying themselves in the comforts of our home. It is a comfortable, warm, friendly place to be. I am in the kitchen moving about or sitting down in the corner with a cup of tea chatting with an old friend. I am driving my grandkids to their lessons and babysitting them during the day to help out my children in any way that I can. I am writing books in my spare time to encourage those going through hard times. I have the occasional bible study/prayer group at my house (we rotate homes). I have a special holiday party every year and during New Years our whole family enjoys the snow and cozies up together in the house to enjoy each other's company as we ring in the new year. I have diligently studied health and nutrition and often help young moms and ladies with different health concerns they are facing. I donate my time to a local government clinic as a nutritionist for their patients as a free service to the public. I also work with a primary care physician in helping their patients implement long term health goals. Well, maybe those not the last two things as I am still 'up in the air' as to if I really want to go back to naturopathic school or not. The real deal, I want my family to be happy, healthy and successful and I want my home to be be-U-tiful! So those are my dreams and this is why I salivate over these home and family blogs where the women have it all under control and use their excess energy to create! OH, I long for the day! In the meantime, I live my life reading their blogs and feeling my mind with all their creativity and it is a good thing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment