Green Background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Relieved.

Relieved on two counts. Count 1. Magnesium. I haven't been taking it for almost 2 weeks and guess what? Magnesium deficiency can cause nights sweats and anxiety so I have been loading up today and I have to say, I feel much better! So maybe it was a combo of the 4th week of treatment and forgetting to put my magnesium up with the rest of my vitamins so I could remember to take it. Count 2. My doctor e-mailed me back and let me know that she thought it was right that I was concerned about my daughter. Phew. Don't know why it matters so much, but it really bothers me to be perceived as a paranoid whack job. I think all women are protective of our kids and want what is best for them. I just feel better. Downside. She's not back in the office until September 21st as she is on vacation so I couldn't get my daughter on antibiotics until then. Ugh. That is like 2.5 weeks and would be 3 by the time we could get there. In light of this , I just scheduled a visit with my daughter's pediatrician who is DAN doctor but not an LLMD and doesn't have much experience with lyme disease (and may not want any for that matter!) Ideally, I would like to get her on 28 days of cefuroxime but I'll "settle" for 21 if he is willing to work with me. I feel a little scared talking to a doc who doesn't know much about it. "My daughter got bit by a mosquito, she then developed irritability, a purple mark on her face, then another red dot, then this bubble with white dots, then she had flushed red cheeks, then her back hurt, then her leg hurt, then she starts emotionally breaking down over dumb stuff, then she gets two passing red ovals on her leg and then her face, then last night she woke up in the middle of the night and had a croupy cough and then she just caught the nose sore thing that I have had for years (my husband had but it went away). She could have caught that years ago but why now. Personally, I think her immune system has been down since the bite and I would feel more comfortable in treating her for a lyme, or a lyme like situation because it all began with that darn bite!" I hope they help me because I lose sleep because it has now been six weeks and I am at the point where there are just too many "little" things adding up. Things she has never had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment