Green Background

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A potential Herxheimer remedy

So as you know I was just reading and quoted something from the Jemsek Specialty Clinic site. I am continuing to read the wealth of information they have and I have found a new remedy for dealing with a Herxheimer reaction per Russell McMillan DDS, DPH:

A 1 1/2 hour hot bath (!) with:

1 cup salt
1 cup soda (I assume he means baking soda and not Coke!)
1 cup Epsom salts
1 cup aloe vera

Here is the reference for the remedy:

Given the miserable experience which we may exact on our patients during therapy, we would perhaps be better off if we followed the advice of Russell McMillan, DDS, DPH, who wrote the Arthritis Trust of America in 1994 with his personal remedy for the Herxheimer reaction. "I take a saltz bath which consists of adding 1 cup salt, 1 cup soda, 1 cup Epsom salts, 1 cup aloe vera, to a hot bath which I remain in and keep hot for about 11/2 hours all the while consuming about 2 quarts of warm water. Evidently the perspiration and osmotic pressure removes the causative toxins. I find it quite helpful" (117). Hey, sounds ok to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment