Green Background

Monday, September 19, 2011

Tonight...Adding Rifampin

I just took my first 3oomg pill of Rifampin tonight at 6:2opm. I learned after listening to Dr. Terese Yang that they are to be taken away from Doxycycline or else they will bind together. I also recall reading somewhere that a doctor (I think from The Lyme Disease Solution/Singleton) that he recommends patients take Rifampin in the evening (2 300 mg pills). He also has them wait a week to get up to the 600mg dose so that is what I am going to do. I will do 300mg Rifampin for one week then add the next 300 mg in. I am a little nervous to begin another medication and get the mental side effects. That is, unless nothing happens and then I will know I probably don't have Bartonella. I did the HH2 Zhang capsules and I don't seem to notice anything when I added those into my herbal protocol. Speaking of, I have been out of the Zhang capsules for 2 days now. And I will know I don't have Erhlichia as well because they both respond to Rifampin. If I remember correctly, if I have Bartonella, my symptoms should worsen the first few weeks I am on Rifampin then greatly improve, with the first week being the worst. So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment