Green Background

Friday, September 23, 2011

Another Good Doctor's Appt.

Relief. I went to Urgent Care today and the doctor gave me 1 prescription for diflucan and 2 refills plus nystatin cream. Thank you Lord! I didn't even ask for the refills or the cream but he asked me how long I will be taking antibiotics and I told him I didn't know. He then said he was going to give me a few refills. I meant to ask for the cream but forgot. My blood pressure was 128 over 88 today so it was a little high. It could be fear of asking the doc for a prescription related to Lyme Disease treatment or it just could be the antibiotics or maybe getting high blood pressure. I have never had high blood pressure.

Side note. I felt embarrassed when the nurse looked at my chart and saw lithium on there. There are such a negative stigma attached to that medication and I felt her looking at me with different eyes. Like she wasn't dealing with a normal person and it makes me feel bad. She was a great nurse, I really liked her but truth be told I might be afraid of people who took those medications until I became one of them and know how it feels. I told her I had been sick for 3 1/2 years and we finally found out it was Lyme. I don't know what they think when they see my chart that I had lithium on there and then I no longer take it. Maybe they think it was a fluke thing. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment