Green Background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

On Weight Gain

Well. I am a woman. And I want to be fit. Lyme causes exercise intolerance. Lithium causes weight gain. When I didnt know what was causing my depression and anxiety about 2 years ago I began taking lithium. I had a hair analysis test that revealed very low levels of lithium so that is what made me think it would help. It did help, and very quickly resolved my low feelings. I knew it could cause weight gain but feeling as terrible as I did I was willing to take the risk. I have been off of it for a year and a half but I gained 3-5 pounds every month I was on it and have not been able to lose it It is really, really frustrating. I wish it would just melt away but it hasn't. I pray nearly every day that I can lose all this weight. I feel ashamed to be around friends and family who knew me before. Even though this isn't all my fault, I just feel so ashamed that I look like I do when I was the one running long distances and training for marathons before they ever set foot in a running shoe. Now I am the one who no longer does those things while I watch all my friends, who start putting on the pounds hit the gym, go running and be in the greatest shape of their lives. It is hard for me to be on the outside. I have topped my top pregnancy weight (my 6th pregnancy) by about 15 pounds. It is just so embaressing. I don't know how to lose it all. The day I do, I will feel like I have arrived. And I intend to experience that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment