Green Background

Friday, September 2, 2011

Don't be a victim

Don't be a victim. These were the string of thoughts going through my head in the morning. Some mornings I can hear God quite clearly and I feel like this is him. I was reading another Lyme blog, which can be very encouraging to do knowing people are going through what I am, and I was beginning to take on this victim mentality without even knowing it which I believe God was trying to show me this morning. What does this mean? It is like being an African-American now with a chip on your shoulder because of all the injustice you have suffered in the past. Differently but with the same end of being a victim, Lyme patients DO suffer injustice, that is a fact. But the thing about being a victim is that you carry the pain with you and you pass it on to your kids and then they are disabled with it somewhat even though they didn't have to be if you didn't accept a victim mentality. We move on and we move past, despite the confusion in the world about Lyme, they will understand one day and we...we walk in faith of that day and not by the sight of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment