Green Background

Monday, September 19, 2011

Antibiotics & Yeast Infection

So, it has arrived. The lovely antibiotic induced yeast infection. Ugh. Next time I talk to my doc I am going to get some fluconozole or nystatin or something. I have been struggling to keep sugar, carbs and dairy out of my diet. I just haven't made that transition. I was doing much better BEFORE I started the antibiotics but now I feel a little stalemated. I search the cupboards to find something to eat that is substantial enough to not make me feel nauseated when I take the antibiotics. It has been the CLIF builders bar with 20 grams protein. But it has sugar. Ugh. But it is in line with the Insulin Resistance diet. But not good because it still has sugar and yeast love that stuff so I have to stop eating those. Problem is, I can't find The Lyme Diet book by Dr. Nicola McFadzaen that has a bunch of meal suggestions. Second problem is that my protein powder tastes bland so I was adding NuMedica chocolate flavored greens powder that is sweetened with Stevia to add good flavor. Well, I just bought more but the problem with that is that it contains probiotics with will keep my body from absorbing antibiotics so I can no longer mix the protein powder with the greens! So I am back to square one. I'll get it down. I pray I find that book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment