Green Background

Friday, September 9, 2011

Found a local Doc! Yet to go!

So, I was calling around today to find out if it was okay to take herbals before taking the western blot test and I thought to ask if anyone knew of any lyme docs in the my area which I live. I got 4 suggestions! Sweet! So I called and I made an appointment with one of them for my daughter and apparently they take my insurance. Not to mention they will take her on Monday at 10am. That is one business day after I called!!! Thank you Jesus! (I don't want to get my hopes to high because I have been disappointed when I had high hopes for doctors and they fell flat or worse!) Maybe it was the Holy Spirit that lead me that direction because I was at wit's end and had resigned myself to the fact that I would have to pay $325 out of pocket with no reimbursement do a phone appointment with my California naturopath (my insurance requires a face-to-face appt. to be eligible for reimbursement and my Cali doc is not available for another 2-3 weeks to do one PLUS we would need to fly out) to get her started on testing and herbals and now I will only pay my $5 copay! (Yes my husband has really good insurance except they are not very lyme/nutrition testing friendly but the copays are unbeatable). So that is a burst of good news. On a side note, I was supposed to start Doxycycline today for myself but I didn't because I felt like going out and having a tomato, mozzerella, basil panini (1 and 1/2 to be exact) and then later on I went and sat out in the sun. One last hurrah of dairy and sunshine before Doxy! I actually had a little bit of iced tea and I think it gave me a bit of jittery anxiety type feeling although it is hard to determine if it is that or the fourth week of treatment that I am still in (with only the herbal protocol). I don't know, I think I am going to eat some of the friday night routine fare as well....pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment